Hey everyone! I’m back from Iceland and as usual I learned a lot and had a blast. With that said there are a lot of questions that come up when ever I do a photographic excursion and this trip was no different. The questions started even before I left about the equipment I was taking and in some cases why I wasn’t taking more? As promised here is the list of gear I took based on the load out pic above.
- Targus laptop rolling backpack. I initially bought this for Photoshop World so that I would have to carry my heavy backpack back and forth. For the Iceland trip it served as a secondary equipment bag.
- Thinktank Streetwalker Backpack. I love this camera bag because it not only holds my camera gear, but also my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro.
- Klear micro fiber cleaning cloths.
- WD My Passport Wireless 2TB HD. This drive is a lifesaver as it allows you to backup your SD cards without having to use a computer. It has a lithium ION rechargeable battery and you can just plug your SD cards in and they automatically copy to the drive.
- Klear wet pack screen cleaning pads.
- SkyRoam contract free WiFi Hotspot
- Platypod Max camera tripod without being a tripod.
- Rode SmartLav+ microphone for doing live streaming and interviews.
- Arkon Smartphone Tripod for capturing 360° and iPhone videos in general
- Gitzo Traveler Carbon Fiber Tripod
- Nikon cable release for capturing long exposures without having to touch the camera.
- DxO ONE 24MP DSLR quality camera for iPhone.
- Mevo Live Streaming 4K Camera.
- Insta360 nano 360° still, video camera and live streaming camera.
- Ricoh Theta S 360° still and video camera.
- FlatHat Drone collapsable landing pad.
- Nikon 14-24mm Wide Angle Lens
- Nikon D810 DSLR 36MP full frame camera
- Nikon 28-300mm Zoom lens
- DJI Mavic Pro 4K Drone
- Anker Solar 15W USB charger.
- Monster 4 port AC travel power strip
- OREI 2 in 1 USA to Europe Adapter Plug
- Anker backup batteries for charing USB devices.
- Vovomay Hardshell Shoulder Waterproof Suitcase Bag For DJI Mavic Pro
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 256GB WiFi-4G Gold
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro and case.
- MacBook Pro 15″ Retina 2014 with custom Gelaskin.
- PlugBug USB port for Apple wall charger.
- iPod touch 32GB
- Apple AirPods, but my Blackpods arrived the day I left.
- Coast Head Light dual color.
- Anker PowerLine+ Lightning cables.
- Camera Rain Protection.
- di-GPS for my Nikon DSLR
See the whole story below…
The list above only tells you what equipment I took to Iceland this year. If you want to know the whole story, check out the Spark Page embedded below:
I told my story with Adobe Spark Page. You can see it above or here. (don’t forget to scroll)
If you want to see a quick video recap, check it out below:
The Bottom Line
You can always carry more gear or less gear. The trick is having a plan and backup plan for your trip. The one thing I wish I had brought more of was memory cards for the drone. I totally messed up there and I’ll tell you about that in another blog post. Overall though I’m happy with the footage that I came back with and I learned a ton about my Mavic Pro. Can’t wait for my next adventure!